Friday 6 November 2015

1st World Problems - The Struggles Of Being Lazy

Check out the last 1st World Problems, 'Taking Things for Granted' Here


Being at University with deadlines looming over me, it starts to become more apparent to me just how lazy of a person I am. For one, I have been a bit lazy in updating this blog, which I could argue is because I haven't had the time to update the blog due to all the assignments that have crept up on me. However, the list of things that I've needed to do for at least a week now have been piling up me. The Struggles Of Being Lazy. Here are just a few of them....

Going to Bed Late, Getting Up Late


I tell myself every night that I'm going to bed early. 10, 11, 12 at the latest. However, that's where the devil Internet comes into play. I touched on the subject of the Internet on my blog '1st World Problems - Procrastinating'. It has become a routine for me to watch videos on Youtube to relax and entertain myself before going to bed. The problem is, it becomes more than too easy to pass the time you intended on going to bed in favour of watching yet another video. Before I know it, it's 1am and I finally tear myself away from the laptop screen to brush my teeth and go to bed. Sometimes, 10-20 minutes pass and I still can't sleep, so I tell myself that another hour on the internet won't hurt. It's a viscous cycle. I definitely love my sleep, so I generally have to have at least 8 hours sleep, and if I'm going to sleep at 2, well...let's just say I'm not getting up early.

Going To The Shops


This involves actually getting changed, fixing your hair and stepping out the door and out into the cold (if it's winter or just generally cold weather). It's hard enough as it is to get out of bed, but the thought of going outside can sometimes be too much for this lazy soul. It's not just going outside that can be the problem, but the fact that the shops are a 10 minute walk away and a 10 minute walk back, or even more. So much effort.

Going Out With Other People


Have you ever made plans and been really excited about them at the time, and then that time comes around and that plan is the last thing you want to do? You'd much rather stay in the comfort of your own home than interact with human beings. I do this a lot, and laziness is a big factor in this.

Cooking


Cooking properly (not using the microwave or even the oven sometimes) requires so much effort, especially if you actually want a filling meal that fills your belly. If going to the shops was hard, then cooking is even harder. It's not the best option, it's certainly not a healthy option but takeaways or microwaved food is so much easier and gets food in my stomach faster. Even if I made the effort to cook, the washing up can really take the energy out of you if you've got a lot of pots and plates in the sink. Sigh...

Tidying The Bedroom


The thing about having a messy bedroom is that even when you make the effort to tidy the bedroom (usually if someone's coming around or I'm just feeling productive) it still somehow ends up being a mess less than a week later. I don't know how it happened, it's a mystery but clothes is a large part of the blame. If my clothes aren't tangled up on or in my bed, then they're on my desk chair or floor. The struggles.

If you enjoyed reading this, then please feel free to read my other 1st World Problems on my blog and other articles. Don't forget to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment