Friday 6 February 2015

Kim Kardashian - My Views!


So, as Kim Kardashian faces more controversy following nude leaked photos from her photoshoot for some magazine called LOVE Magazine, I feel like this is my time to perhaps express my thoughts of the reality star/model/socialite/selfie queen/Mother. Why? Because everyone (or at least, most people) have some sort of opinion of her as do I.

Do I like her? It's weird because I like and dislike her at the same time. Kim Kardashian is no doubt an attractive person and she knows it. She knows what her assets are and how to flaunt them in the best light. She has mastered her angles in pictures and posing for the camera because every picture she takes is perfection.
Not going to lie, I envy her in this sense. The woman never has a hair out of place and for the most part the outfits she wears looks divine on her. She is often criticised for her vainness and constant need to take pouty selfies of herself but it's clearly working for her. This is her brand so it's something that is easy for me to accept but one of the qualities that I perhaps dislike her for.

This selfie obsessed culture within itself is something I believe has been highly influenced by the Kardashians. Now I don't have a problem with selfies! Nothing wrong with a selfie I say but this culture we seemed to have moved into, where women in particular strive for this perfection is getting out of hand to the point that women feel they have to look a certain way to be seen as beautiful. If it's not a big butt, then it's big boobs or long hair, very tanned skin or big lips and Kim Kardashian is quite possibly one of the big influences in this.

Now on to the positive. The part of me that likes Kim Kardashian is the part that respects her work ethic. It's a controversial topic, since many question what Kim Kardashian actually does and dismiss her as being just a reality star. I can see their point, since it can be difficult to put her into a category since the work she does is varied. I mean, with Leonardo Di Caprio or Orlando Bloom you could easily put them into the category of actors, or with Usher or Katy Perry as singers but with Kim it's difficult to pin point what she does after being a reality star.

However, she does a good job of upkeeping her brand and image and she always seems to have something going on. She is not simply a trophy wife to her husband which is probably the thing I like the most about her. There's nothing more I dislike than trophy girlfriends or wives that rely on their man's riches to get by but she clearly has her own money and I can get behind her on that.

Anyway, good or bad she is often a talking point one way or another and that's where she thrives. Even I am talking about her in this blog, so she must be doing something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment