Monday 12 January 2015

Great News! Jo Joyner returning to Eastenders as Tanya Branning!


As one of my favourite characters, naturally I was filled with positive vibes, upon hearing that Jo Joyner was resurrecting her character Tanya Branning. This is for the soap's 30th Anniversary in February, in which we finally find out Lucy Beale's killer! Finally!

Jo Joyner herself confirmed the news, stating, "I'm thrilled to be a part of the 30-year celebrations of a show that I am proud to have been a part of."

I personally wish that she were to return for a longer period of time because in my opinion she was one of the likeable, relatable and third dimensional character's of the soap, but it's great news anyhow!

The actress said, "One of the best things about the soap is that it's steeped in history. We all had a generation of characters that we grew up with - mine were 'Chelle and Sharon, and Tiff and Bianca! It's great that people can pop back in and help create that depth to the show."

"I'm really looking forward to working with everyone again, no matter how briefly. I hope I didn't kill Lucy!"

Jo Joyner's character of Tanya Branning made her first appearance in June of 2006 and her last in June of 2013, so it has been a while!

It will certainly be good to see her character again, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment