Saturday 8 October 2016

X Factor UK - My Favourite First Auditions Of All Time - Volume 1

Hello!! Welcome!!!

With the return of X Factor 2016 (a whopping series 13!), I am going to bring you the first volume in a series of volumes that I will be blogging throughout this years X Factor live shows!

In the first volume, I will be listing my personal favourite and most memorable first auditions throughout the years. There have been quite a variety of contestants from series 1 all the way up until now. Even to this day, there are a few first auditions that have always stuck with me. Others require a rewatch on youtube to remember the greatness of it, but nevertheless the list I have chosen make for great (and bad) first auditions. Check it out!

Ant and Seb (Series 5)


Song Choice: Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl


Ant and Seb are no question my favourite X Factor audition of all time. Despite the duo featuring on the X Factor all the way back in 2008, they are the two people I always remember and perhaps for the wrong reasons.
Whilst Seb is a decent singer, even if his vocals were a little weak, it's Ant that makes this audition an instant classic.
Ant describes the act as a 'P Diddy and Usher' and with this comparison you would expect something quite spectacular, wouldn't you? However, their audition proved to be a different story. Ant and Seb sung their own version of Peter Andre's Mysterious girl, with Ant ad-libbing as Seb sung the verse and chorus. I will never forget Ant's infamous 'Come on move ya body, come on move ya body', said with little to no enthusiasm. The judges reaction pretty much summed up how I felt about that audition.

Cher Lloyd (Series 7)


Song Choice: Keri Hilson - Turn My Swag On


Cher Lloyd is definitely my favourite 'good' audition, because I felt like she added something different to the live auditions that perhaps others were lacking. When Cher Lloyd first entered the stage and spoke to the judges, she came across as timid and shy. As soon as she started to sing she literally 'turned her swag on', owning the stage like she was already a senior performer. She chose a song that was different to standard song choices on X Factor and she made it her own!

4th Power/Impact (Series 12) 


Song Choice: Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj - Bang Bang


4th Power, now known as 4th Impact were similar to Cher Lloyd. How? Well, when these girls were on stage talking to the judges, they were shy, timid and star struck to be on stage in front of such a large audience. Then one of the girls begun to sing and delivered the first line of the song that must have sent shivers through the judges and audiences' spines. I don't think anyone expected the girls to be as good as they were, with each girl's voice a powerhouse as they dominated that stage.

JLS (Series 5)


Song Choice: Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love


I was a fan of JLS from their very first audition. I had to listen back to their first audition to remember why exactly I loved them so much, but I was quickly reminded. These boys harmonies were unlike any other boy band I had seen on the X Factor. It also helps that each guy in group are easy on the eye.

James Arthur (Series 9)


Song Choice: Tulisa - Young


James Arthur was another favourite of mine. I am usually not a massive fan of artists performing acoustic versions of songs (I am an upbeat song kinda girl) but James Arthur made it work for him. He sung Tulisa's song 'Young' (who was a judge on the show at the time) and managed to turn the summer hit into his own, with his uniquely soulful voice giving the song its own meaning entirely.


Danyl Johnson (Series 6)


Song Choice: The Beatles - With a Little Help From My Friends


I'd long forgotten about this audition as I haven't heard from Danyl Johnson in recent years, but I remember loving this audition when I first heard it. He was the last person who was being seen that day, so I can assume the judges were tired and ready to call it a day. What came out of this man's mouth was something sensational. His voice is reminiscent to Will Young's, which is distinctive and passionate with soul. Danyl Johnson displayed amazing control over his voice, bringing the song to an amazing climax.

What were your favourite first auditions? Were any of my choices the same as yours? Let me know in the comments!

Next week's volume will focus on my favourite X Factor Live performances from the live shows, so make sure you check back next Saturday! Thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment