Thursday 13 October 2016

Can't Get This Out Of My Head! Songs on Repeat! (7th Edition)

So it has been a while but I am back with another edition of 'Can't Get This Out Of My Head!' You can check out the last edition here!

If you are unsure of what you stumbled across let me explain. Each of these contain a list of songs that I have been listening to on repeat as of late. Last time, I was listening to songs such as 'Switch Up' by R Kelly and '679' by Fetty Wap. This time, the list is a little different and we go old school (noughties style) So here they are, the songs that I currently have on repeat!

Dreamgirls - And I am Telling You


From the Album Dreamgirls, Deluxe Edition (2005)

Though I haven't watched Dreamgirls (yet), I have heard a few versions of this song on talent show the X Factor. I was watching a performance from Alexandra Burke (who won series 5 of the X Factor) who performed a song on one of the live shows called 'Listen' with BEYONCE. She also just so happens to be the woman who performed the song in the films. It's a standout performance, which you can watch here if you haven't already seen it (And I recommend that you do because it is amazing). 
I think 'And I am Telling You' was listed in the similar videos section columned to the right of Youtube and I clicked on it as you do. Jennifer Hudson, the woman who sings this song has such powerful vocals and you can tell that she is singing from the core of her heart. The passion in her voice as she belts the notes that she does gives me shivers. I find myself imitating her, pretending that it's me who is actually gifted with these vocals. (One can only dream).

Mariah Carey - Obsessed


From the Album Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel (2009)

I remember how Mariah Carey was on a role in this period, releasing a succession of songs that had me hooked. These include hits 'Shake it Off', 'It's Like That' and 'We Belong Together'. I like this song because it has a catchy chorus. It's also a relatable song for those who may feel attacked by someone who always talks about you or seeks to put you down constantly. Go girl!

Mariah Carey - We Belong Together


The Emancipation of Mimi (2005)

So yeah, I've been listening to a few Mariah Carey Songs (don't judge me, I'm only human). I'm usually not big on slow songs, but this song is one of the exceptions. Why? Because it has a nice beat and once again, the chorus is catchy. If the song's catchy then they've already pulled me in! 

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life


Fallen (2003)

I'm really going back in time with this one, but I love this song because of Amy's voice who is the lead vocalist. Her voice really does bring this song to life. I'm sorry, I had to.

Britney Spears - Oops!... I did It Again


Oops!...I Did It Again (2000)

I loved Britney Spears back in the day and sometimes I like to listen to her really early songs. I hadn't heard this song in ages, so I decided to have a listen and I have no regrets. I always loved the last two/three chorus' in Britney's older songs because of the build up after the bridge. A sure classic.

Well that's my list of the songs I currently have on repeat. I haven't listened to newer songs as of late so I will get to that! perhaps next time my list of songs will be more 'updated' shall we say. 

What songs are you currently listening to? Be sure to let me know in the comments section! Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment