Sunday 16 October 2016

X Factor UK - My Favourite X Factor Live Performances Of All Time! - Volume 2

Last week, I listed my favourite first auditions ever on the X Factor. This week it's live performances! There's always that one performance during the live shows that I play on repeat because of how mesmerised I am by the vocal. Well in this volume I am going to list some of them!

Louisa Johnson - Man's World (Series 12, Semi Final)



This is the recent live performance that I most remember. Season 12 is quite a blur for me because it doesn't particularly stand out as a series. I only really remember 4th Impact and Louisa Johnson being who I considered the best.
I love this performance, it is phenomenal. Miss Johnson was full of confidence with complete control of her voice and her voice really gelled well with the song. It was nice to hear a woman singing a man's song and because of this the performance in itself was unique. There's one note in particular she belts out and she impressively holds that note to near perfection. I still rewatch this performance because it's that great. Not forgetting the fact that Louisa was only 17 at the time. Bravo!

Alexandra Burke and Beyonce - Listen (Series 5, The Final)



Wow, wow, wow! I remember standing up and applauding along with the judges when they had finished this performance. This is perhaps my favourite and definitely the most memorable performance ever on the X Factor. Why? Because of BEYONCE! Beyonce is an incredible singer and Alexandra Burke held her own with her deep and powerful vocals. It was a special moment that the X Factor hasn't been able to recapture.

4th Impact - Work It Out (Series 12, Week 3)



I loved 4th Impact ever since their first audition where they sung 'Bang Bang' by Jessie J. I remember waiting for that standout performance from them that could top that first performance and it came in the form of Beyonce's first hit, 'Work it Out'. It amazed me how they could dance so energetically and retain their powerful vocals. These girls were full of sass, performing as seasoned performers.

James Arthur - Feeling Good (Series 9, The Final)



James Arthur's performances were perfection. Every week he had the performance of the night but this is the performance that stands out for me. I love this song by Nina Simone and James Arthur's version was great. Again, it was a reversal of roles as Arthur was taking on a woman's song but it worked. The passion he poured into the song showed in his voice, which meshed well with the hard rock style.

Jahmene Douglas - Let it Be (Series 9, The Final)



Hauntingly beautiful and chilling is how I would describe this performance. The choir really adds to the epic scale but Jahmene's voice is pitch perfect. The humble, shy and quiet chap really knew how to hit a high note. Shamazing, as Nicole Scherzinger would say.

Stacey Solomon - Who Wants To Live Forever - (Series 6, Week 10)



I still remember this performance for that last big note that Stacey Solomon hit. She was someone I really rooted behind because of her big voice and this was definitely her best performance on the show.

Leona Lewis - Without You & Every other Live Performance (Series 3, 2006)



Leona Lewis' performances every week were flawless. People used to describe her as the next Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey because of her vocals and with her performances it was easy to see why. I chose 'Without You' because of that double big last note at the end which sent chills down my spine. However all of Leona Lewis' performances were something special. Some of the songs she performed on the live shows include, 'I Have Nothing', 'I Will Always Love You' and 'All by Myself'. 


Well that's my list! What were some of your favourite performances on the live shows? Let me know in the comments section!! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment