Thursday 30 July 2015

Sarah Harding's Coronation Street Stint Comes to an Abrupt End



After four episodes, Sarah Harding will not be returning to Coronation street as Corrie bosses have decided not to extend her contract. Sarah Harding was playing a character called Joni Preston, the wife of Tracy Barlow's ex husband Robert Preston. There has been speculation over whether or not Harding was axed from the cobbles as she received mixed reviews over her debut performance. A spokesperson from Coronation Street has said however, "Sarah was always only contracted for a four episode cameo role. There are no immediate plans for the character of Joni to return."

Sarah Harding had appeared on ITV's Lorraine prior to her first appearance on Coronation Street, where she talked with Dan Wootton about joining Corrie.

"They are icons and they're pros as well and I came in thinking, 'Oh my goodness, I'm going to fluff my lines, I'm such an amateur!' So yes, I was well rehearsed."

Meanwhile, Sarah Harding currently has a single out called Threads. Have a listen here!

No comments:

Post a Comment