Sunday 26 July 2015

Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE AND removed as Tough Enough Judge



Some days ago now, Hulk Hogan was trending on yahoo and twitter for suddenly being completely removed from WWE's website. There was a lot of speculation as to the cause of this removal and at the time, the reason wasn't known as to why WWE had taken such drastic measures. That was until it was revealed that Hulk Hogan was actually fired for racist remarks made by the hulkster on tape in 2007, concerning his daughter Brooke sleeping with a black man. Here is what he said below.

"I don't know if Brooke was f****** the black guy's son... I mean, I don't have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f****** n******. But then when it comes to nice people and s***, and whatever. I mean, I'd rather if she was going to f*** some n*****, I'd rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n***** worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player! I guess we're all a little racist. F****** n******."

Current, former WWE Superstars and other public figures had something to say about Hogan's words. Hogan himself has apologised for the offensive language in a statement below.

"Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation. It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it. This is not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise. I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs."

As a global company that aims their product to all ages and races, I believe that WWE made the right decision in firing Hogan. However, I wish Hogan all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment