Thursday 18 June 2015

Crystal Maze Makes a Return!!!

...as an interactive gaming experience. I heard the news on Crystal Maze hoping for a grande return to our television screens but still, just hearing any news on one of my favourite childhood shows got me all excited.


I actually loved this show as a kid, so much so that I once tried to reenact the crystal dome part of the show. I once actually got some monopoly money and made my cousin sprinkle the money on the ground from her top bunk bed, whilst I scrambled myself on the floor quickly scooping it all up.
Basically, the idea is to bring the 90's game show back in the form of an interactive gaming experience in central london. Apparently this will be happening around autumn and is being developed by theatre company Little Lion Entertainment. This is written on their 'About' page on their website:
"Little Lion's aim is to create the most exciting, engaging and entertaining theatrical attractions London has ever seen, whilst also being a cultural force for change in opening up theatre to broader and more diverse audiences.

There has been a cultural shift in audiences towards content that they can engage in with an active way; modern audiences want to do, not watch."

A little more was written which you can read here http://www.littlelionentertainment.com/about/4587724036, but I think that description sums up what they are hoping to achieve with this Crystal Maze project. I personally think it sounds like a great idea,. The only thing is the price for participating is supposedly £50, yikes. However, if I was hanging out with a big group of friends, I think trying it out would be a great laugh.
Watching Crystal Maze when I was younger, I always thought it would be a fun thing to try out myself. I also felt this way about Supermarket Sweep. I mean, who wouldn't want to run around frantically in shopping isles, just throwing food into your trolley and making a mess while jolly music plays in the background? This is something I also tried in the comfort of my own home. Call me weird, I probably am.

My verdict: bring back the Crystal Maze on TV! If you can bring back Family Fortunes, then you can bring back Crystal Maze :)

No comments:

Post a Comment