Wednesday 31 December 2014

Miscellaneous! 21 + 22 Jump Street - How have I not watched this before?


When it comes to films I can a bit left in the dark as to what's hot and not, but after the viral spread of clips from Channing Tatum's line "My Name's Jeff," in '22 Jump Street', it was enough to convince me to give the first film a watch.

To explain, the first I had properly heard from the Jump Street series was when Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill made their appearance on 'The Graham Norton Show' some time ago to promote their film 22 Jump Street (I know, I told you I can be a bit behind!) I remember watching a clip presented on the show near the beginning of the film, which included that all famous one liner. I cracked me up when I first heard it along with Graham Norton's audience. Fast forward to six months later, and that one comical line from the film rears its head once again, integrated into TV, film and home made clips. Watching these short clips fuelled my desire to watch the film as love a good comedy and needed a good laugh. However I hadn't even watched the first film, so on Christmas Day I decided to watch 21 Jump Street for the first time. Online. If I didn't like it within a certain period of time, then I would simply stop the film, close the tab and move on to something else but I wasn't disappointed.

Long story short, I was thoroughly entertained all the way through the film which really says something. I am someone who often gets bored whilst watching a film half way or three quarters of the way through (since I have the attention span of a fish), switching off before I even get to the ending, but with 21 Jump Street this wasn't the case. And naturally after watching the first film I just had to watch the second. I was skeptical at first. I mean after all, many sequels fail to capture that magic the first film had and all of the little elements that made the first film so special but again, I was thoroughly entertained! I can now safely say that 21 and 22 Jump Street are among some of my favourite films, joining the line of 'Jurassic Park' (a childhood favourite of mine!) 'The Hangover' and 'Resident Evil', to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment