Monday 29 December 2014

Celeb Goss! Jessie J reveals that Miley Cyrus' 'Party In The USA' paid her bills


One thing that I admittedly didn't know about Jessie J until recently, was the fact that as well as being the powerful singer and talented artist that she is, she has also written songs for other artists, Miley Cyrus being one of them.

Miley Cyrus' 'Party In The USA' is perhaps one of my favourite songs from the singer. It's lighthearted, catchy pop that easily brings a smile to my face and has me thinking about the summer time, naturally. So, it was to my surprise to hear that Jessie J had co-written the song for the Cyrus which was released in 2009 and turned out to be a big hit for the star, a top ten hit in several countries, even reaching no.2 in the Billboard Hot 100.

In an interview with Glamour Magazine, Jessie J said, "You've got to write songs, that's where the money is, being an artist. 'Party In The USA' paid my rent for, like, three years."

The 26 year old went on to say, "Actually it was way longer than that. That's where I get most of my money. I write songs. I'm a singer. I love endorsements and stuff, but that's all added on."

So if you were anything like me and didn't know about Jessie J's other talent, then let that be your interesting fact of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment