Friday 20 March 2015

Can't Get This Out Of My Head! Catchy Songs of The Moment! (3)

Read the previous catchy songs of the moment here! http://natalyaon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/catchy-songs-of-moment-2.html

The third edition of 'Catchy Songs Of The Moment' is back! Last time on Catchy Songs Of The Moment I named 'BedRock' by the Young Money Crew my no.1 Catchy Song Of The Moment. Throughout the many songs I have listened to since then, one particular song has become the next victim of the replay button, and has therefore knocked my previous song from the top spot.

I often turn to music to motivate me before doing some much needed assignments for University, in between writing much needed assignments for University, and after writing much needed... I think you get the gist of it. Anyways, there was one song throughout this process that I immediately fell back in love with upon listening to it and here it is!

No.1 Catchy Song Of The Moment
Michael Jackson - Rock My World


I first heard this song after I went on a binge of listening to Michael Jackson's music soon after his death back in 2009. This was one of them songs that I loved as soon as I heard it. It wasn't something I had expected to hear from the pop legend, seeing as it was different from the classics like 'Thriller', 'Smooth Criminal', 'Bad', 'Beat It' and others mentioned when Michael Jackson's name is brought up. It has that true essence of r'n'b that I love. It's smooth, soulful, catchy, danceable and most definitely a song I will always love. It also has to be said that the song was produced by Darkchild who is a favourite of mine.  
By the way, my favourite song and music video from Michael Jackson has to be 'Smooth Criminal'. That video has to have some of the best choreography I have seen from the pro, but 'Rock My World' is a close favourite in terms of Michael Jackson songs. R.I.P to the legend that is Michael Jackson!

Another song which I actually disliked when I first heard it, until I heard it one too many times on Tim Westwood's radio show on Capital Xtra is....

Kanye West - All Day


This video is from the Brit Awards 2015 and bear in mind that this is the explicit version! I couldn't find a clean version so you have been warned! It probably wasn't until I heard this song for the fourth or fifth time that I found myself actually getting into it. I still don't know just what the hell Kanye is saying in the lyrics, but I like the beat so there you go. Shout out to Taylor Swift, dancing like she's at the nightclub in this video. And to Lionel Richie!

No comments:

Post a Comment